For many people, having the perfectly toned body is a lifelong dream.
Losing excess body fat, however, requires hard work and dedication.
On occasion, even the most dedicated of us require a boost.
Combining fat burners with your exercise regimen can give you that much-needed boost to get where you want to be.
But how do you tell the best thermogenic supplements in a saturated market?
This article does all the work for you.
TOP 5: Best Thermogenic Fat Burners Supplements 2019
1. Instant Knockout
Instant Knockout is a thermogenic supplement that was originally developed for pro boxers and MMA fighters.
It is now readily available for anyone looking to get toned quickly and effectively, promising to help erase even the most stubborn fat.
It is easy to use and is made from high-quality natural ingredients.
Contrary to popular misconception, this thermogenic fat burner can also be used by women.
Because it is not a hormone enhancer, women can take it without worrying about bulking muscles.
Each bottle of Instant Knockout contains 120 capsules, and for best results, you are advised to take 4 capsules per day.
Instant Knockout is manufactured by Roar Ambition in the UK and the USA.
You can buy it from the official website, and it comes with free shipping for the US and UK.
The secret behind Instant Knockout’s success is its cutting edge formula that uses ten natural ingredients to produce the best results.
This formula works in three ways:
Boosts the body’s natural metabolic rate
A body with a high metabolic rate burns fat faster for use as energy.
When the body is constantly burning fat, there will be little stored in the body, resulting in weight loss.
Instant Knockout contains ingredients that increase the body’s metabolic rate, resulting in faster fat loss.
Some of these ingredients include green tea, cayenne pepper, and piperine1 .
Green tea contains catechins that ups metabolism and helps the body to break down stored fat.
Cayenne pepper is a strong thermogenic that increases metabolism while boosting the body’s energy.
It is no secret that cravings contribute greatly to the buildup of body fat due to incessant snacking.
Taking sugary snacks in between meals does not only increase fat storage but also lowers the body’s metabolism.
This results in more stored fat.
The Instant Knockout formula contains ingredients that help to suppress cravings, reducing the amount of stored fat.
Some of these ingredients include Glucomannan, GTF Chromium, and green coffee bean.
Glucomannan is a natural extract of the Konjac plant, and its main role is to help improve appetite and cut cravings.
Due to its composition, it passes through the stomach without being digested, thus enabling you to feel full for longer.
GTF Chromium is a trace element that reduces appetite and cravings.
As seen, fewer cravings result in less frequent eating and snacking, and the drop in food intake translates to fat loss.
Boosts energy levels
Instant Knockout contains ingredients that keep the body energized, giving you more energy to work out.
Cardio sessions, weight lifting, and any other intense physical activity helps to burn more energy resulting in fat loss.
Cayenne pepper, caffeine anhydrous2, and Vitamin B6 are some of the ingredients in this thermogenic fat burner that help to boost energy levels.
Caffeine anhydrous stimulates the nervous system, reduce fatigue, and improve cognitive abilities.
This, in turn, energizes the body to plow through the workouts while keeping the mind alert.
- Instant Knockout is made from all-natural ingredients.
- Both men and women can use it.
- It helps the body to keep burning fat even while at rest.
- Taking Instant Knockout suppresses appetite and reduces cravings, leading to less eating and less fat storage.
- It has no known side effects
- Users sensitive to caffeine are likely to experience disrupted sleep patterns after taking Instant Knockout.
- It might take longer for some users to see the results.
PhenQ is a superior weight loss product that has taken the market by storm.
At the center of its formula is a secret, scientifically proven ingredient that makes it more powerful than other thermogenic supplements on the market.
The combination of this secret ingredient and other well-known ingredients results in its trademark formula a-Lacy’s Reset®.
PhenQ is backed by scientific research.
Studies have shown that people using it have lost body fat, decreased body weight and increased muscle mass.
Each bottle of PhenQ contains 60 pills, and it is recommended that you take two pills every day.
This super fat burner is manufactured both in the USA and the UK.
You can buy it from the official website, where it comes with free worldwide shipping.
The PhenQ formula works in 5 ways to give results:
PhenQ contains ingredients that increases the body’s metabolic and thermogenic rates.
This enables it to burn fat faster, resulting in a slimmer body.
Stops fat production
Powerful ingredients in the formula stop the body from storing fat.
If the body does not store fat, then you will not gain more weight.
PhenQ contains ingredients such as Chromium Picolinate3, a natural mineral that helps reduce sugar and carb cravings.
It does this by helping the body to absorb sugars from food, resulting in fewer cravings and weight loss.
Intense physical activity helps speed up the fat loss process.
When you have no energy, it is difficult to keep up with exercise.
PhenQ contains ingredients such as caffeine to ensure that you stay alert, energized, and focused on your workout.
The weight loss journey should not be tiring and depressing.
Cutting down on calories can, however, leave you feeling cranky and down.
PhenQ contains mood-enhancing ingredients to ensure that your spirits stay up as you aim for your new body.
- PhenQ combines multiple weight loss ingredients in one convenient pill.
- You do not require a prescription to start taking PhenQ.
- The FDA approves its formula.
- It is made from natural ingredients.
- PhenQ contains caffeine that might affect those who are caffeine sensitive.
LeanBean is a powerful fat burner made, especially for women.
This thermogenic fat burner relies on ten natural ingredients to give quick results with no side effects.
These ingredients are carefully selected with women in mind, considering that they are physically different from men.
Women are also more susceptible to cravings.
For this reason, one of its biggest benefits is suppressing appetite, which in turn results in fat loss.
Each bottle of LeanBean contains 120 capsules.
The manufacturer recommends that you take four capsules per day for best results.
Lean Bean is a product of Ultimate Life, a company based in the United Kingdom.
It is available on the official website in a variety of packages, and comes with free shipping for the US and UK markets.
LeanBean works in three main ways:
Suppresses appetite and cravings
Women crave for sugar far more than men do and are also prone to emotional eating.
To counter this, LeanBean contains a dietary fiber called Glucomannan.
This fiber swells up when in the stomach resulting in a feeling of fullness.
This cuts out the need to snack or eat constantly.
Boosts energy & metabolism
A faster metabolism ensures that the body burns calories constantly.
Similarly, if the body’s metabolism is slow, it burns fewer calories, storing the rest as fat.
The LeanBean formula contains Chromium Picolinate, an ingredient that keeps the body’s metabolism high.
Everyday activities such as work, family, and exercise can leave you fatigued and with no energy.
LeanBean contains ingredients such as Vitamin B6 and B124, both which increase energy in the body.
It also contains green coffee, which is high in antioxidants and natural caffeine keeping you energized all day long.
- LeanBean is made specifically with women in mind.
- It has no side effects.
- It is made from natural ingredients.
- It is suitable for vegetarians.
- It requires one to take four tablets a day.
- Some customers may find it expensive.
4. Evlution Trans4orm
Evlution Trans4orm is a thermogenic fat loss supplement for both men and women.
Its fat loss formula promises to aid fat burning, reduce cravings, and boost metabolism.
It is also engineered to improve mental focus and increase energy.
At the center of its formula are 13 main ingredients that have been scientifically engineered to produce maximum results.
Each bottle contains 30 servings of two capsules per day.
Evlution Trans4orm is made by Evlution Nutrition, a company that makes a host of other health supplements.
Trans4orm contains 13 main ingredients.
Together they increase the body’s metabolism, reduce cravings, and boost energy.
Among the ingredients, Vitamin B Complex, Huperzia Serrata Extract, and natural caffeine help to boost energy in the body as well as alertness.
This enables you to plow through your workouts, which results in a fitter body.
Green tea contains catechins that increase the body’s metabolic rate and boost fat loss.
Trans4orm also contains the compound Bioperine, which helps the body to absorb the other ingredients more efficiently.
- Trans4orm uses a good combination of ingredients relevant in fat loss.
- It is gluten-free.
- Helps reduce cravings while increasing energy.
- Evlution Trans4orm contains Yohimbe extract, a controversial ingredient that is associated with anxiety and panic attacks.
- This supplement is not recommended for people who may be affected by caffeine.
5. Cellucor Super HD
Cellucor Super HD is a ‘feel-good’ formula that focuses on both the body and the mind.
It works on the premise that weight loss is not only about eating and work out habits; it is also about the mind.
As such, it contains both thermogenic and sensory boosting ingredients that will transform your body.
This supplement is manufactured by Cellucor, a company that makes numerous other health supplements.
Each Cellucor Super HD bottle contains 60 capsules, and it is recommended that you take one capsule per day.
It is manufactured in the USA.
Buyers who subscribe to weekly or monthly deliveries enjoy a 20% discount and free shipping.
Cellucor Super HD in an improved formula that works on specific areas to give you the ultimate results:
Cellucor Super HD contains 160mg of Caffeine for increased mental alertness.
Promotes fat loss
GreenSelect® Green Tea Phytosome is a formula that supports weight management by reducing BMI.
Rauwolfia root bark extract boosts energy and focus while promoting fat burning.
This supplement contains Capcimax, a cayenne fruit extract formula that works by mobilizing fats for energy production as well as increasing metabolism.
- It is made by company with much experience with weight loss supplements.
- It is fairly priced.
- Both men and women can use it.
- It requires one to take only one capsule per day.
- It is a proprietary blend, and does not disclose exact amounts of ingredients used in the label.
- It contains Yohimbe, an extract that has raised health concerns in the past.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is a thermogenic fat burner?
A thermogenic supplement is any supplement that works by increasing the body’s metabolic rate to aid in fat loss.
The word thermogenic means to ‘produce heat’.
When the body produces more heat, it stimulates the metabolic rate.
If the body has a higher metabolism, it will burn more calories (fat), resulting in weight loss.
Thermogenic fat burners also have other benefits, such as increased energy levels in the body and improved focus.
They also help curb the appetite and reduce cravings.
2. What are some of the benefits of thermogenic supplements?
Some of the biggest benefits that can be found in most thermogenic supplements are:
- They increase the body’s metabolism.
- They aid in fat burning.
- They help curb appetite.
- Boost energy in the body.
- Increase mental focus.
- They promote positive feelings of wellbeing.
3. Who should use thermogenic fat burners?
Anyone who is looking to lose some excess fat can use thermogenic supplements.
You can also try them if you are struggling with cravings and emotional eating.
Thermogenic supplements also work well for athletes who are getting ready for a major competition and need to lose some fat.
Before taking any such supplements however, it is important to consult a doctor.
You should also read and understand what ingredients are in the supplement and in what quantities.
This is especially important if you have known allergies or reactions that might be triggered by some of the ingredients.
4. Which ingredients should I expect to see in a thermogenic supplement?
Some ingredients are synonymous with thermogenic supplements.
Manufacturers believe that they contain compounds that aid in fat loss.
Five of the most popular ingredients to look out for are:
Green tea5 contains two important compounds- caffeine and an antioxidant called catechin.
Catechins help in the breakdown of excess fat, and caffeine boosts the amount of energy the body uses.
This ingredient is known to kick start the body’s metabolism and increase fat burning.
It also helps curb appetite and lower blood pressure.
Capsaicin6 aids the body in releasing adrenalin, which in turn stimulates metabolism making the body burn fat.
It also helps to curb appetite, which results in less eating and overall weight loss.
Glucomannan7 is a water-soluble fiber, used in most thermogenic supplements for its filling quality.
When it reaches the stomach, it absorbs water, filling up space and hence promoting a feeling of fullness.
When you are feeling full you will not eat or snack as much.
This promotes fat loss.
Green coffee bean extract
This ingredient is extracted from green (unroasted) coffee beans8.
Green coffee beans contain a compound called chlorogenic acid, and studies have linked it to weight management.
It is full of antioxidants that promote weight loss and lower blood pressure.
Green coffee bean also boosts energy in the body.
5. How can I decide on which thermogenic fat burner to use?
The market is saturated with different kinds of thermogenic supplements but not all are effective.
Reviews such as this one can help you narrow down your options when shopping for one.
Before making a decision, however, it is important to understand what final goal you are expecting from it.
This is because different supplements have different ingredients, all focused on different areas.
For instance, if you are feeling sluggish and fatigued during your workouts, you might want a supplement that has a good quantity of caffeine.
If you are looking to boost your metabolism, then you should opt for a one with a good dose of green tea, green coffee beans, capsaicin, and similar ingredients.
Perhaps you are looking to curb your cravings and appetite, in which case you want to settle for a thermogenic supplement with a good dose of glucomannan.
Understanding what you hope to gain is the first step towards selecting the most effective thermogenic fat burner.
6. What are the side effects of a thermogenic supplement?
Most good thermogenic supplements are made from natural ingredients and will have no major side effects.
There, however, is no 100% guarantee, and it is important to consult a doctor before starting on such supplements.
Some of the issues that you should look out for when you start taking a thermogenic supplement include headaches, nausea, constipation, vomiting, and palpitations.
If the supplement you are using has high levels of caffeine in the ingredients, you might experience disrupted sleep patterns or insomnia.
It is, therefore, advisable to reduce the intake of other stimulants while taking a supplement that contains caffeine.
If you are taking any prescription medication, you should consult your doctor before starting on thermogenic supplements.
7. Should I combine a gym workout with thermogenic fat burners?
Thermogenic supplements are not magic pills that work instantly.
In order to lose weight and keep it off, it is advisable to combine them with some reasonable exercise.
Having a good night’s sleep and avoiding high-stress situations is also important.
This ensures that you not only stay fit but healthy.
8. When should I take my thermogenic supplement?
Most supplements come with proper instructions on when they should be taken.
It is important to adhere to these instructions to avoid any problems.
Some will be taken first thing in the morning before breakfast.
This is ideally the best time since the body’s metabolism slows down at night.
Taking a thermogenic fat burner first thing in the morning can help give it a boost.
Depending on manufactures, some supplements require to be taken twice a day, and some even up to four times a day.
This article has given you a brief presentation on the best thermogenic supplements in the market.
As mentioned, they will not work any magic by themselves.
They can, however, give you the big boost required to reach your body goals if combined with exercise, good sleep, and healthy eating.
The market is full of thermogenic fat burners that might or might not be effective.
Before spending your hard-earned money, it is important to read reviews such as this one before making a decision.
It is also important to understand the ingredients in each supplement and their quantities.
This can help you decide if a supplement is effective or not.
It is also advisable to buy thermogenic supplements from their respective official websites where you are guaranteed of quality.
Lastly, it is important to buy a thermogenic fat burner that is in tune with your overall goals.
- MUJUMDAR, Arvind Manohar, et al. “Anti-inflammatory activity of piperine.” Japanese Journal of Medical Science and Biology 43.3 (1990): 95-100. https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/yoken1952/43/3/43_3_95/_article/-char/ja/
- Bothe, H., and H. K. Cammenga. “Phase transitions and thermodynamic properties of anhydrous caffeine.” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry 16.2 (1979): 267-275. https://akademiai.com/doi/abs/10.1007/BF01910688
- Vincent, John B. “The potential value and toxicity of chromium picolinate as a nutritional supplement, weight loss agent and muscle development agent.” Sports medicine 33.3 (2003): 213-230. https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00007256-200333030-00004
- Ryan-Harshman, Milly, and Walid Aldoori. “Vitamin B12 and health.” Canadian Family Physician 54.4 (2008): 536-541. https://www.cfp.ca/content/54/4/536.short
- Jurgens, Tannis M., et al. “Green tea for weight loss and weight maintenance in overweight or obese adults.” Cochrane database of systematic reviews 12 (2012). https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD008650.pub2/abstract
- Cronin, Joseph R. “The Chili Pepper’s Pungent Principle: Capsaicin Delivers Diverse Health Benefits.” Alternative & Complementary Therapies 8.2 (2002): 110-113. https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/10762800252909865?journalCode=act
- Walsh, David E., Vazgen Yaghoubian, and Ali Behforooz. “Effect of glucomannan on obese patients: a clinical study.” Int J Obes 8.4 (1984): 289-93. https://www.lipozene.com/documents/Effect_of_Glucomannan_on_Obese_Patients.pdf
- Vinson, Joe A., Bryan R. Burnham, and Mysore V. Nagendran. “Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, linear dose, crossover study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a green coffee bean extract in overweight subjects.” Diabetes, metabolic syndrome and obesity: targets and therapy 5 (2012): 21. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3267522/