Feeling frustrated about slow weight loss or stored fat which doesn’t want to budge?
You need to try a Garcinia Cambogia supplement.
This natural, plant-derived ingredient can propel your fat loss efforts and get you the results you want.
We decided to study the market to find the top 5 best Garcinia Cambogia (GC) supplements.
We’ve found the most potent formulas and the best ingredients money can buy.
TOP 5: Best Green Coffee Bean Supplements 2020
1. Evolution Slimming Svetol Green Coffee Bean Extract
First up on the list is Svetol, by Evolution Slimming.
Dr. Oz (who introduced the benefits of green coffee to the mainstream) recommends this particular brand.
Svetol is a registered green coffee extract1 used in many brand’s supplements and is made with non-GMO ingredients.
Each capsule provides 200mg of green coffee extract, with 50% chlorogenic acid2.
A study was carried out to test the efficiency of Svetol3 for weight loss.
The results showed that Svetol encouraged an average weight loss of 11 pounds/5kg.
This is due to the effects of green coffee, so it can be attributed to all green coffee supplements with the same potency.
There is very little caffeine in Svetol, less than 2%, marketed as “less than a quarter cup of coffee” per serving.
This is a great feature, as it means it won’t disturb sleep or cause anxiety, jitters, or nervousness.
- 2 capsules are taken each day, with meals.
- Chlorogenic acid (CGA) inhibits the enzyme which creates blood pressure-raising hormones.
- CGA boosts PPAR-alpha which boosts thermogenesis and fat loss.
- CGA helps to break down stored fats and hinders fat from being absorbed into the body.
- Helps to boost brain power.
- Low caffeine content.
- 50% chlorogenic acid per capsule.
- Vegan and vegetarian-friendly.
2. Nature’s Craft Green Coffee
Next up, we have Nature’s Craft Green Coffee. 1 capsule is taken twice a day, each containing 800mg of green coffee extract, with 50% CGA.
This dosage is four times as high as the Evolution Slimming supplement above.
Each capsule contains 20mg of caffeine, which is low, considering an espresso shot has around 90mg of caffeine (give or take).
Nature’s Craft Green Coffee is slightly harder to gather information from than other brands on our list.
This product is no longer listed on their website, but it is still readily available on Amazon.
However, many reports of customer’s experience tell us that it does a great job at boosting energy levels and aiding in weight loss alongside a healthy diet and exercise plan.
On the flip side, there are also reports side effects such as vomiting, low mood, and skin issues such as breakouts.
The bottle states “formulated in the USA”, but it is not clear where the ingredients are sourced.
- 1 capsule is taken twice a day.
- Each capsule provides 800mg of green coffee extract with 50% CGA.
- CGA boosts energy levels.
- CGA stabilizes blood sugar to prevent cravings and the “midday slump”.
- CGA helps to tap into stored fat and hinder fat absorption.
- High dosage.
- Made in GMP-approved facility.
- Reports of negative side-effects.
- The company is not as transparent as others.
3. Green Coffee Plus
At number three, we have Green Coffee Plus, a supplement with an enthusiastic website with some rather lofty claims.
For example, they claim that their product is the “strongest dose”, and that you can expect to lose “16-20 pounds in 4-6 weeks” “even if you eat sweets every single day.”
However, the website omits some crucial information which makes it difficult to properly assess the product.
For example, there’s no information regarding the ingredients list, the suggested dosage, or the concentration of CGA in each capsule.
They do state that the product is 100% natural and has one ingredient, green coffee extract.
In terms of daily dosage, we know that there are 60 capsules in each bottle, and each bottle is sufficient for 1 month, which means the daily dosage is 2 capsules.
- 2 capsules are taken each day.
- CGA accelerates the metabolism for increased energy burning.
- Stored fat is burned more rapidly.
- The antioxidant properties of green coffee fight free radicals to slow the aging process.
- 100% natural.
- Money-back guarantee.
- Lacks key information.
- Makes very lofty claims.
4. Green Coffee 5K
At number four, we have Green Coffee 5K, made in the USA in GMP-approved facilities.
Each bottle comes with 60 capsules, enough for one month.
The “5K” part of the name comes from the claim that each capsule contains the equivalent of 5000mg of unroasted green coffee beans.
More specifically, each capsule contains “up to 250mg of extract of pure green coffee”.
We are not sure what the “up to” refers to in terms of dosage, as it may indicate that there is indeed less than 250mg in each capsule.
However, there are also 50mg of CGA and 50 mg of caffeic acid4 in each capsule.
Considering that the recommended dosage of CGA is from 240 mg, this is quite low.
Caffeic acid is a strong antioxidant found in many plants and herbs, including coffee.
Interestingly, caffeic acid and caffeine are not related.
Caffeic acid is great for fighting free radicals, preventing premature aging, reducing the risk of disease, and reducing inflammation.
What’s more, it can help to keep you working hard through a tough workout, therefore, burning more calories and seeing more results.
Something which proves to be impossible to find out is the caffeine content of Green Coffee 5K.
While green coffee beans are naturally low in caffeine, different supplements contain varying amounts.
If you are sensitive to caffeine, you’re better suited to something more transparent such as Evolution Slimming Svetol.
- 2 capsules are taken twice a day.
- CGA boosts the metabolism for faster energy burning.
- Blood sugar is reduced, helping to curb cravings and promote stable energy levels.
- Caffeic acid supports effective workouts, slows aging, and reduces inflammation for overall health.
- 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Affordable multi-pack options.
- Contains caffeic acid as well as CGA.
- Low CGA dosage.
- Caffeine content undisclosed.
5. BioSense Green Coffee
At lucky last, we have BioSense, a 100% natural green coffee bean supplement that comes in bottles of 60 capsules.
Each capsule contains 800mg of green coffee extract, with 50% CGA, a generous dosage of 1600mg per day.
However, while the bottle states “contains caffeine”, the amount of caffeine is not stated.
We are pleased to see that these capsules don’t include any other ingredients, aside from green coffee, and are encased in vegetable capsules.
This would be a great choice for people who are looking for a high GC dosage and aren’t concerned about caffeine levels.
As green coffee beans contain a low level of caffeine in the first place, it’s unlikely that these capsules contain disruptive amounts.
However, if you are sensitive to caffeine, it would be smart to choose a GC supplement with a disclosed (and low!) caffeine content.
- Two capsules are taken twice daily, with a meal.
- CGA increases the metabolism for more effective calorie burning.
- CGA stabilizes blood sugar levels, therefore, reducing the risk of diabetes.
- CGA helps the body to use stored fat for energy.
- The antioxidants in CGA fights free radicals, slowing the aging process.
- Made in the USA in GMP-certified facilities.
- High dosage.
- All-natural ingredients (veggie capsules).
- Caffeine content undisclosed.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is a green coffee supplement?
A green coffee supplement is an over-the-counter (no prescription) dietary supplement which contains green coffee.
Green coffee beans are coffee beans that have not been roasted.
They contain high amounts of chlorogenic acid, the key ingredient which makes this supplement popular.
It is thought that chlorogenic acid might hinder the absorption of carbohydrates in the body.
This lowers blood sugar levels, therefore, reduces the risk of diabetes and helps to regulate sugar and carb cravings.
Most people take green coffee supplements to help with their weight loss goals and to reduce the risk of diabetes.
It is also thought that green coffee can help to burn stored fat in the body and lower overall body fat.
What’s more, it is a strong antioxidant that supports the body during stress and fights free radicals that can threaten to speed up the aging process and increase the risk of illness.
Green coffee supplements have varying levels of caffeine, so it’s important to check this.
However, green coffee has much less caffeine than regular (roasted) coffee.
Currently, there is no set recommended daily dosage or maximum dosage of green coffee.
However, studies have shown that an effective daily dosage is around 450 mg with 50% CGA content.
Who should buy a green coffee bean supplement?
If you are 18 or over, you have a clean bill of health, and you are not sensitive to caffeine, you could try a green coffee supplement.
Studies are minimal when it comes to side effects and complications, but it is so far considered to be very safe.
Avoid green coffee supplements if you:
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Are under 18.
- Are very sensitive to caffeine.
- Are taking regular medications (ask your doctor first).
What ingredients should I look for?
- Pure, organic green coffee bean extract
- At least 50% chlorogenic acid
- Caffeic acid
Make sure you are clear on the caffeine content in your chosen green coffee supplement.
Some varieties include more caffeine than others, and can, therefore, increase certain side effects.
Are there any side effects?
Green coffee generally doesn’t have any serious side effects as long as the recommended dosage is adhered to.
What’s more, it depends on the caffeine content of your chosen supplement.
However, there are potential side effects to be wary of (as will all supplements!). Some people have experienced side effects such as:
- Digestive upsets
- Stomach cramps
- Fluttering heart
Green coffee extract was made popular by “pop culture” celebrity doctor Dr. Oz.
The key to its popularity is the active ingredient, chlorogenic acid.
CGA can reduce carbohydrate absorption, lower body fat, and lower blood sugar. These factors can result in weight loss, more stable energy levels, and a reduced risk of diabetes.
The verdict on the ideal dosage is still out, but a dosage of around 400mg per day has been proven to be effective.
However, two of our top 5 products provide 1600mg per day (BioSense and Nature’s Craft).
This dosage isn’t dangerous, as it has been suggested that safe dosages can be up to 3000mg per day.
However, it might be a good idea to start slowly, with half of the recommended dosage, just to ensure you don’t experience side effects.
- Vinson, Joe A., Bryan R. Burnham, and Mysore V. Nagendran. “Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, linear dose, crossover study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a green coffee bean extract in overweight subjects.” Diabetes, metabolic syndrome and obesity: targets and therapy 5 (2012): 21. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3267522/
- Thom, Erling. “The effect of chlorogenic acid enriched coffee on glucose absorption in healthy volunteers and its effect on body mass when used long-term in overweight and obese people.” Journal of International Medical Research 35.6 (2007): 900-908. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/147323000703500620
- Flanagan, John, et al. “Lipolytic activity of Svetol®, a decaffeinated green coffee bean extract.” Phytotherapy research 28.6 (2014): 946-948. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ptr.5085
- Chen, Jiang Hong, and Chi-Tang Ho. “Antioxidant activities of caffeic acid and its related hydroxycinnamic acid compounds.” Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 45.7 (1997): 2374-2378. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf970055t