Feeling frustrated about slow weight loss or stored fat which doesn’t want to budge?
You need to try a Garcinia Cambogia supplement.
This natural, plant-derived ingredient can propel your fat loss efforts and get you the results you want.
We decided to study the market to find the top 5 best Garcinia Cambogia (GC) supplements.
We’ve found the most potent formulas and the best ingredients money can buy.
TOP 5: Garcinia Cambogia Supplements
1. Garcinia Cambogia Extra
First up is Garcinia Cambogia Extra, a 2-in-1 formula that includes raspberry ketones1.
Each bottle contains 60 capsules, enough for 30 days (2 capsules per day).
Each serving serves 1000mg of GC, which is decent but not as high as other brands.
Garcinia Cambogia2 can be safely taken up to 2800mg per day, so 1000mg isn’t terrible, but a little more would be nice.
The price per bottle is rather high, but the brand does offer multi-pack deals to make it more worth your while.
Impressively, this formula has 60% HCA which is at the higher end of the recommended percentage.
The purpose of raspberry ketones (200mg per serving) is to boost the body’s ability to burn stored fat.
What’s more, they may help to boost levels of a hormone called adiponectin which helps to regulate blood sugar and can reduce overall body fat.
The testimonials on the website are hard to ignore, with some excellent weight-loss success stories.
These should be taken with a grain of salt as it’s not possible to know for sure what other measures were taken to achieve the goal.
However, any weight loss supplement should be combined with exercise and a sensible diet.
This is a great product for people who are looking for weight loss assistance without overdoing their dosage.
The addition of raspberry ketones is a bonus, with extra fat-melting abilities.
- 2 capsules are taken twice a day, 30 minutes before a meal.
- 60% HCA suppresses the appetite by boosting serotonin levels, reducing mindless snacking and overeating.
- Raspberry ketones work to reduce overall body fat and melt away stored fat.
- HCA hinders the enzyme citrate lyase which encourages fat production.
- Fat levels in the blood are reduced.
- Belly fat is slowly reduced.
- Contains raspberry ketones (200mg).
- High HCA content (60%).
- 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Vegan and vegetarian-friendly.
- The daily dosage could be higher.
2. NutriRise Garcinia Cambogia
At number 2 we have NutriRise, a brand that claims their 100% Garcinia Cambogia is the highest potency available.
Each bottle contains 60 capsules, enough for 15 days (4 capsules per day).
Even though you’ll need to go through 2 bottles each month, the overall cost is very low.
We are impressed that these capsules have a very high concentration of HCA, at 80%.
What’s more, each daily dosage (4 capsules) provides 3000mg of GC extract, which is the maximum recommended dosage according to many sources.
These capsules contain no fillers or extras, simply the key ingredient encased in a vegetable capsule.
NutriRise offers undeniable value for money, with excellent potency and affordable price by the bottle.
If you’ve got weight loss goals you want to achieve quickly (and safely!), this could be a key player alongside your eating and exercise plan.
- 2 capsules are taken twice a day.
- High dosage of HCA releases serotonin, boosting the mood and suppressing the appetite.
- The metabolism is kicked into gear and burns more calories.
- HCA inhibits citrate lyase and stops it from converting sugar and carbs into fat.
- Fat storage is slowed and stored fat is tapped into for fuel.
- High HCA dosage helps to reduce bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Made in the USA.
- High potency (80% HCA).
- Generous dosage (3000 mg per day).
- Affordable by the bottle.
- 3rd party certified for safety.
- Bottle only lasts 15 days.
3. Garcinia Pure by Evolution Slimming
The next product is from Evolution Slimming, a frontrunner in the world of weight loss supplements.
They offer a bottle containing 90 capsules, enough for one month (3 capsules per day).
We’re pleased to see that each capsule offers 1000mg of Garcinia Cambogia, with a daily total of 3000mg.
This is a generous dosage that meets the recommended dosage for effective results according to many sources.
However, some sources do state that 1500mg per day is enough to encourage weight loss.
Others say that a lower dosage to begin with is recommended to avoid side effects.
You could start with 1 or 2 capsules a day if you are concerned about side effects from a high dosage.
In terms of the HCA concentration, it’s not bad, at 60%.
This is doesn’t compete with the NutriRise above (at 80%) but is still very decent.
When discounts are not applied, the cost per month is rather high.
However, Evolution Slimming offers a 6-month package at the price of 5 months (5 bottles) to make it a little more palatable on the wallet!
- 3 capsules are taken three times a day, 10-30 minutes before a meal.
- HCA sparks serotonin production which causes the body to feel satiated and satisfied, leading to fewer calories consumed and a calorie deficit.
- Fat production is inhibited and fat stores are used for fuel.
- Blood sugar is lowered, potentially reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes, and reducing “spike and crash” energy levels.
- Mood is boosted by serotonin production.
- Generous dosage (3000mg per day).
- Vegan and vegetarian-friendly.
- Made in the UK in FDA-approved facilities.
- Decent HCA percentage (60%).
4. Garcinia Cambogia Actives
At number 4, we have Garcinia Cambogia Actives, a weight loss supplement that combines 5 extra key ingredients (green tea, guarana, cayenne pepper, green coffee, black pepper).
These ingredients have been selected for their fat-burning, weight-loss supporting properties.
Of course, the top ingredient is Garcinia Cambogia which we know suppresses the appetite and inhibits fat production.
Next on the list is green tea, chosen for its metabolism-boosting properties. Guarana3 provides an energy boost (thanks to caffeine) and a kick to the metabolism.
Cayenne pepper increases body heat and burns more calories.
Black pepper/piperine (in the form of BioPerine) controls blood sugar, boosts metabolism, and improves digestion.
Green coffee hinders fat production, boosts energy, sparks the metabolism, and helps to curb cravings.
The Garcinia Cambogia included has a 60% HCA potency, and makes up 20% of each capsule.
This is fine if you’re looking for an overall weight loss aid but won’t suffice if you specifically want to reap the benefits of Garcinia Cambogia, as the dosage just isn’t high enough.
Another key aspect to be aware of is that each 2-capsule daily dosage contains 63.9mg of caffeine.
This is not a dangerous amount by any means, but it’s enough to cause potential side effects such as jitters and sleep issues.
Each bottle contains 60 capsules, enough for 1 month (2 capsules per day).
The cost is reasonably high if you were to buy just one bottle.
However, they do offer a discounted rate for multi-packs.
- 2 capsules are taken twice a day.
- Garcinia Cambogia (in a small dose) contributes to appetite suppression and reduced fat production.
- Green tea boosts the metabolism and provides antioxidants for general health and anti-aging.
- Guarana serves a caffeine hit to power workouts and reduces fatigue.
- Cayenne pepper increases body heat and metabolism, burning more calories.
- Black pepper soothes digestion, improves metabolism, and helps to regulate blood sugar.
- Green coffee extract reduces fat, boosts metabolism, and gives a gentle energy boost.
- Combines multiple natural ingredients known to aid weight loss.
- Boosts energy levels.
- Helps to push the metabolism into overdrive.
- Contains caffeine.
- GC dosage is low.
5. Garcinia Cambogia Plus
Last but not least, we are taking a look at Garcinia Cambogia Plus.
This product is made in the USA and includes 60 capsules in each bottle, enough for 1 month (2 capsules per day).
Each capsule contains 700mg of Garcinia Cambogia, with a whopping 95% HCA.
This is the highest concentration on our list, by far.
2 capsules per day provides you with 1400mg of GC, a decent dosage, especially considering that most of it is HCA.
Potassium chloride helps to preserve muscle mass when dieting and helps our body to use food as energy.
It can also help HCA to absorb effectively into the body.
Calcium carbonate helps to support strong bones and may even help to burn fat.
Chromium amino acid chelate can help to regulate blood sugar and keep the appetite in check.
The dosages of calcium and potassium are too low to be considered very effective, so don’t rely on these for your daily intake.
What’s more, potassium can be dangerous if the levels are too high.
While a 70mg daily dosage does not pose any immediate risks whatsoever, you should consult your doctor if you have kidney or heart-related health concerns.
- 2 capsules are taken each day.
- High HCA potency sparks serotonin production, causing a feeling of fullness and satiety, resulting in lower calorie intake.
- HCA blocks fat-storing enzyme citrate lyase for reduced fat production and storage.
- Potassium chloride protects the muscles and helps HCA absorption.
- Calcium supports the bones and aids in fat burning.
- Chromium amino acid chelate helps to curb the appetite.
- Made in the USA.
- Very high HCA potency (95%).
- Extra ingredients aren’t clearly marked on marketing materials.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is a garcinia cambogia supplement?
Garcinia Cambogia is a popular weight-loss supplement ingredient and has grown in popularity over the past few years.
It comes from a fruit by the same name, more specifically from the rind.
The key component that makes this fruit so effective for weight loss is an acid called hydroxycitric acid (HCA).
HCA is thought to suppress the appetite, therefore, encouraging the calorie deficit required for weight loss.
It does so partly by boosting serotonin levels, as serotonin naturally curbs the appetite.
What’s more, serotonin makes us feel good, and a lifted mood is often conducive to more sensible eating patterns for most people.
Many people take garcinia Cambogia for its ability to reduce body fat, especially around the belly.
Who should buy a garcinia cambogia supplement?
If you are over 18, in good general health, and have weight loss goals you need a little help with, try a GC supplement.
However, we always suggest that you consult your doctor before adding any supplement to your routine, as there may be complications concerning your medical history that you haven’t considered.
Don’t buy a garcinia Cambogia supplement if you:
- Are under 18.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Are taking diabetes medication.
- Have dementia.
- Are taking antidepressants.
- Have liver disease or liver complications.
What ingredients should I look for?
- Garcinia Cambogia with at least 60% HCA.
- Raspberry ketones (for extra fat-burning power).
Are there any side effects?
Garcinia Cambogia is considered to be safe when the recommended dosage is followed.
It is thought that the maximum HCA dosage per day is 2800mg.
However, most supplements have mild side effects which some people may experience. GC side effects may include:
- Skin issues,
- Digestive upsets,
- Very low blood sugar,
Garcinia Cambogia comes from the rind of a tamarind-like fruit and is known for its weight loss-enhancing properties.
The key to its weight-loss abilities is hydroxycitric acid (HCA).
It encourages serotonin production, which suppresses the appetite and lifts the mood.
HCA also helps to lower fat in the blood and can stop fat production, leading to fat loss and weight gain prevention.
GC is reasonably safe, but it’s best to consult with a doctor first. Don’t take it if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or are on antidepressants.
The five products on our list offer different dosages, benefits, and ingredients.
For a fat-burning GC supplement with extra help from raspberry ketones, choose number one on our list (Garcinia Cambogia Extra).
For the highest dosage of HCA, try the Garcinia Cambogia Plus, with 95% HCA!
- Wang, Lili, Xianjun Meng, and Fengqing Zhang. “Raspberry ketone protects rats fed high-fat diets against nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.” Journal of medicinal food 15.5 (2012): 495-503. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07315724.2002.10719213
- Heymsfield, Steven B., et al. “Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) as a potential antiobesity agent: a randomized controlled trial.” Jama 280.18 (1998): 1596-1600.https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07315724.2002.10719213
- Boozer, C. N., et al. “An herbal supplement containing Ma Huang-Guarana for weight loss: a randomized, double-blind trial.” International Journal of Obesity 25.3 (2001): 316. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07315724.2002.10719213
- Weaver, Connie M. “Potassium and health.” Advances in Nutrition 4.3 (2013): 368S-377S. https://academic.oup.com/advances/article-abstract/4/3/368S/4591617
- Heaney, Robert P., K. Michael Davies, and M. Janet Barger-Lux. “Calcium and weight: clinical studies.” Journal of the American College of Nutrition 21.2 (2002): 152S-155S. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07315724.2002.10719213
- Vincent, John B. “The potential value and toxicity of chromium picolinate as a nutritional supplement, weight loss agent and muscle development agent.” Sports medicine 33.3 (2003): 213-230. https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00007256-200333030-00004