With time, the production of collagen in our bodies slows down and halves by the age of 35.
This slowdown can trigger signs of premature aging characterized by wrinkles 1 and sagging skin that is dry and lackluster.
For most women, this can be quite stressful, and many have settled for invasive, dangerous and expensive methods to reduce these wrinkles.
There is, however, another safer method that can safely and naturally combat signs of aging- face wrinkle treatment creams.
This review discusses the five best face wrinkles treatment creams and dietary supplements found in the market today.
These creams do not have adverse side effects and contain natural ingredients that have been proven to work.
Let us look at each of these face creams and dietary supplements in turn.
TOP 5: Best Creams For Wrinkles Treatment
1. XYZ Smart Collagen
XYZ Smart Collagen is a skin cream that promises to delay signs of aging and restore your skin’s natural beauty.
It achieves this by stimulating collagen production and, at the same time preventing its breakdown.
This face wrinkle treatment cream also lifts sagging skin, improving its elasticity and firmness.
It is backed by a scientific study conducted among 21 women of between 45-65 years old.
Results showed that using XYZ Smart Collagen twice a day for 84 days can make you look 7.5 years younger.
This face wrinkle cream is formulated from plant extracts that have been scientifically proven to slow collagen breakdown.
During production, the raw materials are cold-pressed to extract the maximum amount of sap while maintaining the active compounds.
To get the best results, you should apply this cream twice a day on freshly cleaned skin and follow with sunscreen.
XYZ Smart Collagen is manufactured by Wolfson Berg Ltd, a nutraceuticals and cosmeceuticals company based in Cyprus.
It is available for purchase on the official website and currently, the manufacturer is giving free shipping for all USA orders.
As women age, the body produces less collagen, and by the age of 35, the average production reduces to half.
Collagen is also broken down much faster than the body can produce it.
As a result, the balance between collagen production and breakdown is disrupted, triggering the onset of premature aging, wrinkles and sagging skin.
XYZ Smart Collagen uses natural ingredients to restore this balance.
It does this by boosting the body’s natural production of collagen as well as delaying its breakdown.
The result is firmer, younger-looking skin with less wrinkles and smooth, refined texture.
Here are three ingredients in this face wrinkle treatment cream that makes it so effective:
- Acetylated Polymannose (APM) – This ingredient is the main component in aloe vera gel. It stimulates connective tissues in the skin called fibroblasts to produce high-quality collagen.
- Bulbine Frutescens – This is the main active ingredient in this formula. It is extracted from the Bulbine, a flowering plant that grows predominantly in South Africa. Bulbine contains two powerful ingredients that have been proven to increase the production of collagen in the skin.
- Knipholone – This ingredient is a chemical compound extracted from the roots of the Kniphofia. It is a potent antioxidant that protects the skin from inflammation, which might destroy newly formed collagen.
- Efficacy backed by clinical studies and research.
- Reduces the appearance of aging by up to 7.5 years.
- Firms skin and reduces stretch marks.
- Made from natural ingredients and does not contain artificial chemicals.
- Vegan-friendly and organic.
- Free shipping for all USA orders.
- Retailing at USD 50, some people might find this face cream pricey.
- It takes up to 84 days to see the full results.
2. Collagen Select
Collagen Select is a dietary supplement that promises to improve the look of your skin in just two months.
It contains natural ingredients that help firm skin, reduce wrinkles, and improve elasticity.
It also protects cells from oxidative stress while maintaining the right balance of the mucous membrane.
Its main ingredient, Verisol, is patented and helps to stimulate the production of collagen in the skin.
This supplement is infused with minerals and vitamins and comes in a pleasant tropical flavor.
To get the best results, you should take one measured dose with 200ml of water once a day.
You should be able to see a visible reduction in wrinkles, increased skin elasticity, and a youthful new look within two months.
Collagen Select is manufactured by Key Player Ltd., a nutritional supplements company based in Dubai, UAE.
It does not have any side effects and is designed to be used only by women.
This supplement is available on the official website and comes with a money-back guarantee for unsatisfied customers.
As women age, the amount of collagen produced in the body reduces.
This reduction causes the skin to lose its firmness and elasticity which results in wrinkles and saggy skin.
Collagen Select contains an active ingredient called Verisol that stimulates the production of collagen in the skin.
It also protects the skin cells from oxidative stress, which can leave it looking haggard and dry.
The ingredients in this supplement also help maintain balance in the mucous membrane keeping the skin moisturized and nourished.
Overall, Collagen Select will increase your skin’s production of collagen by 65%, skin elasticity by 10%, and reduce wrinkles around the eyes by 32%.
Here are three ingredients in this dietary supplement that makes it so effective:
- Verisol® hydrolyzed collagen – This ingredient has been tested in over six trials which have all found it useful in increasing collagen production in the skin. This blend contains smaller than typical collagen molecules which are easily absorbed in the body and also work faster and more effectively.
- Biotin – Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin of the Vitamin B family. It is essential in converting nutrients to energy but most importantly, it improves the infrastructure of keratin. Keratin is an instrumental protein found in the skin, hair and nails 2.
- Copper – This mineral contains peptides that help the skin to regenerate new collagen and elastin, therefore improving its firmness and elasticity.
- This dietary supplement improves collagen production in the body by up to 65%.
- It is made from natural ingredients and has no side effects.
- Can be used alongside cosmetics, creams and masks.
- Comes in a pleasant tropical flavor.
- The manufacturer offers a money-back guarantee.
- Made in certified labs.
- Great value in the six-month pack.
- One month supply of the supplement is quite costly.
- Only available on the official website.
- Can only be used by women.
3. Caudalie Resveratrol
Caudalie Resveratrol is a soft, face lifting cream that firms skin and protects it from anti-aging effects.
It is designed to nourish the skin, smooth wrinkles, and promote firmness.
Its formula is backed by a clinical study conducted among volunteers where 100% of them confirmed that their skin was firmer and more nourished.
Caudalie Resveratrol is formulated from a blend of natural herbs, including chamomile, lavender, and fresh mint.
It also contains a potent anti-wrinkle formula that is dermatologically proven to smooth and firm skin.
To use, the manufacturer recommends that you apply Cauda Resveratrol lie on your face and neck every morning and evening.
After applying, massage your face gently with your fingertips being careful to avoid your eyes.
This potent face wrinkle cream is manufactured by Caudalie, a company formed by a French Couple in 1993.
It manufactures a wide range of skincare products and runs over 50 high-end beauty spas all over the world.
Caudalie has its headquarters in Paris and ships worldwide.
Caudalie Resveratrol is made from a combination of powerful peptides and Resveratrol that work together to firm skin and reduce wrinkles.
Resveratrol is a compound naturally produced by grapevines and it gives the vines their ability to regenerate.
This natural ingredient has been patented and used in this formula to give the skin its firming and anti-aging properties.
Hyaluronic Acid used in this formula helps to maintain moisture, reduce wrinkles and smooth the skin.
Caudalie Resveratrol also includes aromatic herbs that greatly benefit the skin texture.
Here are three ingredients in this face wrinkle treatment cream that makes it so effective:
- Shea Butter Extract – Shea butter is extracted from the seeds of the Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea tree). It is used to add moisture to the skin and also has anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Palmitic Acid – Palmitic acid acts as a surfactant, which means that it helps to remove dirt and sweat from the skin. Palmitic acid also protects the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Palmitoyl Grapevine Shoot Extract – This is a patented ingredient that is useful in fading spots in the skin, leaving it smooth and even-toned.
- Made by a family-owned company with a good reputation.
- It nourishes and firms the skin while reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Soft, non-greasy with a feeling of cashmere on the skin.
- Formulated from natural ingredients.
- Caudalie Resveratrol does not contain any parabens, phthalates, mineral oils or any ingredients derived from animals.
- Offers free shipping for orders over $40.
- It is a high-end product that is quite expensive.
- Does not have an explicit money-back guarantee but accepts returns for unopened packs.
4. Premium Collagen 5000
PremiumCollagen5000 is a dietary supplement made from two active ingredients, fish collagen and vitamin C.
It works on the premise that aging can be stopped, and promises to eliminate and counteract wrinkles and signs of aging.
With age, the body produces less and less collagen, which leads to wrinkles and discolorations.
Unfortunately, these signs are most visible in the face, which makes one look old and tired.
PremiumCollagen5000 hydrates the skin, returning its youthful firmness and elasticity, making you feel and look younger.
As mentioned, this supplement does not contain pork or beef collagen, but instead, it is formulated from the highest quality collagen from marine fish.
Because fish collagen is similar to human collagen, it is absorbed quickly and more effectively, giving you faster and better results.
Other than improving the appearance of the skin, this supplement also takes care of skin and nails.
To get the best results, the maker recommends that you take 7mg or two flat teaspoons of PremiumCollagen5000 to a glass of lukewarm water or juice.
This skin wrinkles treatment supplement is distributed by TWC Holdings LLC, a company based in Delaware USA.
It is available from the official website and ships worldwide.
Collagen is a protein in the body that is the building block of our skin.
After the age of 25, collagen levels in the body reduce drastically.
This reduction causes the skin to lose its elasticity, firmness and hydration.
As a result, the skin gets wrinkles, discolorations, and nails become brittle and fragile.
PremiumCollagen5000 contains more than 5grams of collagen per serving, which effectively boosts the amount of collagen in your body.
The formula also contains vitamin C, which helps in the production of collagen in the body.
Increased collagen levels ensure that your skin becomes firm, has better elasticity, and regains its youthful look.
Here are the ingredients in this dietary supplement that makes it so effective:
- Fish Collagen – PremiumCollagen5000 contains over 5grams of collagen per serving. Fish collagen is more easily absorbed in the body than other forms, and therefore it is quickly and effectively absorbed in the body.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that also plays a significant role in collagen synthesis. Vitamin C also helps the skin to heal from the damage caused by ultraviolet rays 3.
- Contains two ingredients that are useful in firming skin.
- Does not contain preservatives, fillers and other unnecessary ingredients.
- Can be added to water, yogurt, juice or cocktails.
- Requires to be taken only once per day.
- Has no side effects.
- Not suitable for people with fish allergies.
- It takes up to 90 days to see initial results.
5. Clarins Double Serum
The makers of Clarins Double Serum claim that it is the bestselling anti-aging serum available in the market.
According to their internal sales data, one serum is sold worldwide every seven seconds.
This cream contains two potent serums in one and promises to give you 88% smoother skin after 7days of use.
These two serums are designed with the water and oily nature of the skin in mind.
They contain equal amounts of water and oil, mimicking the skin’s hydrolipidic nature.
The result is a visible reduction in wrinkles, firmer skin, tighter pores, and a smoother, more radiant skin.
Clarins Double Serum is formulated from 21 plant extracts that address various issues in the skin, giving you results in just seven days.
For the best results, you should choose a customized dose for your skin, depending on your needs.
Rub the serum in your hands and apply gently on your face and neck.
You may follow this routine with a day or night cream.
This serum ships worldwide and is suitable for all ethnicities and skin types, including sensitive skin.
It is manufactured by Clarins, a beauty and Cosmetics Company started in Paris in 1954.
Clarins Double Serum relies on different ingredients to give you the expected results.
Banana, oats, and teasel are used to firm and uplift the skin, improving the appearance of wrinkles.
Goji Berry and Horse Chestnut help to eliminate toxins build up in the skin, leaving it radiant.
For nourishment, this serum relies on avocado and mango to ensure that the skin builds and retains moisture.
Finally, cocoa and ginger lily are included for their ability to soothe the skin leaving it smooth with great texture.
Here are three ingredients in this face wrinkle treatment cream that makes it so effective:
- Turmeric – This spice has excellent antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. It, therefore, stops the spread of bacteria on the skin and also helps to reduce blemishes.
- Banana – Banana sap provides moisture that leaves the skin feeling soft and hydrated. It also acts as an exfoliant that removes dirt and grease from the skin surface.
- Oats – Oats contain natural compounds called saponins that act as cleansers. They help to unclog the skin’s pores while also exfoliating it.
- Formulated from a mixture of natural ingredients proven to improve the skin.
- Reduces wrinkles and firms skin.
- Results can be seen in the first seven days.
- Ideal for all ethnicities and skin types.
- Made by a reputable international company with decades of experience.
- Has hundreds of positive reviews on the official website.
- Easy to use, requires applying on face and neck.
- Ships worldwide.
- Only accepts returns of unopened products- thus does not give a money-back guarantee for unsatisfied customers.
- At $89 per bottle this serum is quite expensive.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is a face wrinkle treatment cream?
A face wrinkle treatment cream is a cream or serum designed to work on the skin to make it firmer, give it more elasticity, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
Most creams work by increasing the body’s production of collagen as well as delaying its rate of breakdown.
They also moisturize and hydrate the skin.
Other than skin creams, there are dietary supplements taken orally to achieve the same effects.
What are some of the benefits of face wrinkle treatment creams?
This is what you should expect from a face wrinkle cream:
- Firmer skin with tighter pores.
- Visibly reduced wrinkles.
- More hydrated and moisturized skin.
- New radiance and a youthful look.
- A smooth, fresh-looking face.
Who should use face wrinkle treatment creams?
The body’s production of collagen starts slowing down from the age of 25, and by 35, it will have reduced by half.
Women who are around this age should use face wrinkle treatment creams to minimize the effects caused by this slowdown in collagen production.
These creams can also be used by anyone looking to maintain a radiant, youthful look and healthy skin.
Which ingredients should I expect to see in face wrinkle treatment creams?
Ingredients in face wrinkle creams vary greatly with manufacturers but here are some of the popular ones you should look out for:
- Retinoids (Vitamin A compounds).
- Vitamin C.
- Tea Extracts.
- Grape Extracts.
- Hydroxy acids.
- Shea butter extracts.
How can I decide which face wrinkle treatment cream to use?
There are numerous types of face wrinkle creams in the market, and choosing one might be difficult.
Here are some of the things you should consider when getting a wrinkle cream:
- Ingredients – Considering that you will be putting it on your face, study the ingredients carefully to see if there is anything that might react with your face. It does not follow that a product with multiple components is better than one with fewer ingredients.
- Cost – Some skin wrinkle treatment creams can be quite expensive, and it doesn’t mean that the most expensive ones are the best. Since you will likely be using it long term, it is best to pick a product that will give you results while not straining your pocket.
- Skin type – Try to get a product that is suitable for your skin type, as what works for a friend or family member might not work for you. Also, consider hypoallergenic as these are unlikely to cause skin irritations.
What are the side effects of face wrinkle treatment creams?
Depending on the ingredients, some wrinkle creams might cause skin irritations, redness, or rashes.
If you are worried, it is best to test a cream on a small part of your skin before applying it on your face.
You should aim for a cream that is made from natural extracts such as those discussed here as they do not contain harmful chemicals.
As seen, the slowdown in collagen production can lead to premature aging and dull, loose skin.
These signs are especially visible on the face, which can be quite depressing especially for women.
The face wrinkle treatment creams and dietary supplements discussed in this review can help turn around this situation.
Used consistently, they can visibly reduce wrinkles, firm the skin, and give it a youthful new look.
Soon, you will be on your way to looking younger and more radiant than ever before.
- Pollack, Sheldon V. “Silicone, fibrel, and collagen implantation for facial lines and wrinkles.” The Journal of dermatologic surgery and oncology 16.10 (1990): 957-961. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1524-4725.1990.tb01560.x
- Zempleni, Janos, Subhashinee SK Wijeratne, and Yousef I. Hassan. “Biotin.” Biofactors 35.1 (2009): 36-46. https://iubmb.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/biof.8
- Pullar, Juliet M., Anitra C. Carr, and Margreet Vissers. “The roles of vitamin C in skin health.” Nutrients 9.8 (2017): 866. https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/9/8/866