What is Choleslo?
High cholesterol is a serious health concern as it can build up in the lining of arteries.
Unless checked, this can escalate to blockages that can cause heart disease and stroke.
Research shows that cholesterol levels1 to up with the decline of hormones, especially after the age of 30.
For the most part, exercise and a proper diet can help with maintaining safe cholesterol levels.
In some cases, however, medical intervention is required but unfortunately, cholesterol-lowering drugs come with many adverse side effects.
CholesLo is formulated by Dr. Sam Robbins, an endocrinologist, or a hormone specialist.
It contains herbs, vitamins, and amino acids that work in five ways to give you results in just 30 days.
Since it is formulated from natural ingredients, it has no dangerous side effects.
This supplement is manufactured by HFL Solutions, a brand that makes various other health supplements.
It is made in the USA in FDA approved labs.
This CholesLo review takes a closer look at this supplement and discusses what it is, its ingredients and how it works.
It also tells you where you can buy it, how much it costs and what kind of experiences other users have had with it.
What are the ingredients in Choleslo?
CholesLo is formulated from a combination of herbs, amino acids, and vitamins. These include:
Studies done on animals have shown that artichoke extract prevents a rise in serum cholesterol levels. Another study done on 143 people with high cholesterol found that those who took artichoke extract significantly reduced their cholesterol levels2.
This is a liver cleansing ingredient. The liver is responsible for various essential mechanisms. If it is overloaded by prescription medicine, alcohol, dehydration and other bad habits, it is unable to regulate cholesterol levels which then go high. Milk Thistle extract helps to cleanse out the liver, strengthen it and boost the immune system3.
This is an enzyme that occurs naturally in the body that enables cells to thrive. It plays a crucial role in creating energy within cells in the heart. Its deficiency can lead to weak heart muscles which can lead to heart disease.
This ingredient is derived from sugar cane. Studies have shown that it normalizes cholesterol levels. It also helps to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol while increasing HDL (good) cholesterol4.
This is a unique form of Vitamin B5, which significantly lowers the levels of serum cholesterol. Studies have shown that it can also reduce blood triglycerides while also improving cholesterol levels.
Other ingredients in this cholesterol-lowering supplement include:
- Phytosterols Complex (40% extract from non-GMO pine tree extract)
- Garlic (Extract 5% alliin)
- Guggulsterones (10% Pure Extract; E and Z)
- Policosanol (from Sugar Cane – Saccharum species)
- NAC (N-Acetyl L-Cysteine)
- R+ Alpha Lipoic Acid (r+ ALA)
- Turmeric (95% curcuminoids Extract)
- Mixed Tocotrienols (90% Delta &10% Gamma Tocotrienols)
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCL)
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)
- Folate (as 5-Methyl-tetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF))
Is Choleslo safe to use?
According to the manufacturer, CholesLo is safe to use.
This is because it is formulated from organic ingredients.
It does not contain any artificial additives, and its capsules are veggie-based, meaning that it is ideal for vegetarians.
This supplement is made in FDA approved labs certified for good practices and adheres to strict manufacturing standards.
How does Choleslo work?
CholesLo is one pill that works in five distinct ways to deliver critical nutrients that help the body to heal itself, especially as it ages.
These five lipid optimizing pathways improve markers that have been associated with heart attack, stroke, and accelerated aging.
These pathways are:
- Lipid Optimizer: Ingredients used in this pathway include garlic and policosanol which support healthy cholesterol levels and improve the balance of LDL/HDL levels.
- Triglyceride Reducer: This pathway helps lower fatty triglycerides from the blood, which improves circulation. Ingredients that aids in this include Alpha Lipoic Acid and Pantesin.
- Homocysteine Minimizer: Vitamins B5, B6, and B12 help to lower Homocysteine levels that otherwise cause heart disease.
- Inflammation Reducer: Ingredients used in this pathway, such as turmeric, reduce inflammation in cells, which can lead to a heart attack or stroke.
- Liver Cleansing Formula: the liver is responsible for making cholesterol, and this formula helps keep in clean and in good working condition.
To compare other similar supplements, take a look at our review on the five best cholesterol-lowering supplements available today.
What are the benefits of Choleslo?
CholesLo promises you the following benefits:
- Healthy cholesterol levels
- Optimal HDL/LDL ratios & balance
- Lower Fatty Triglycerides
- Improved Homocysteine Levels
- Cleansing & Repairing of Liver
Choleslo reviews & complaints
This cholesterol-lowering supplement has numerous positive reviews on the official website.
We also found it on sale in other commercial sites such as Amazon and eBay.
Here are some of the reviews from customers:
Roxanne Beisel on the official website says:
“It was a full year between blood tests, and the entire time I was taking CholesLo five days each week, six pills per day. My cholesterol number has dropped 101 points. My HDL and LDL numbers are vastly improved as well. I feel great. I will continue CholesLo with confidence. Thank you! I used a higher dose because I needed to lower my numbers and prove to my doctor. I can do it naturally and not take the prescription drug he wanted to give me. And I did it!”
Also on the official website, LouEllen Dees Hoffman reports:
“In August I went for a check-up and yes, that’s right, my cholesterol was high at 298. I ordered two bottles, one for myself and one for my husband. We followed the bottle directions each week. Three weeks later, I had to take more blood work and my cholesterol was again checked. The number was 226. My bad cholesterol had come down to 126. We would recommend this product to everyone for high cholesterol.”
This reviewer on eBay says:
“My doc had prescribed cholesterol-lowering meds for me, but I refused to fill the prescription and researched the internet for alternatives. I came across this with some positive reviews so I ordered it. Unfortunately, I took this religiously as recommended for two months and retested my blood work. No change whatsoever on my HDL. My LDL dropped by two points, but my overall cholesterol reading went from 165 up to 180!! In other words, it failed to do what I thought it would.”
This user, also on eBay reports:
“I have been using this product for about three or more months. When I got my labs back, my cholesterol was high, and the doctor had suggested I start taking Lipitor. I ran across CholesLo. I ordered the product and started using it. When I went back three months later, my labs came back and my cholesterol numbers dropped about 80 points. I have not stopped taking it since.”
Pricing & where to buy Choleslo
CholesLo is available for purchase on the official website, www.choleslo.com.
We also found it on several other commercial sites such as Amazon and eBay.
This supplement is not available in brick & motor stores.
According to the manufacturer, the best place to buy it is from the official website.
This is because you have a guarantee of the best price, safe transactions, and most importantly, an authentic product.
The official website offers different packages as below:
Does Choleslo cause any side effects?
This supplement is made from natural, organic ingredients and, according to the manufacturer, has no adverse side effects.
According to the Mayo Clinic, cholesterol-lowering supplements can be useful but can have some mild side effects.
For example, artichoke, which is used in this formula, can lower total cholesterol levels but can cause gas and allergic reactions.
The manufacturer advises that if you experience any side effects, you should stop taking the supplement immediately.
Most of the reviews on the official website are positive, and we did not find any mentioning adverse side effects.
On eBay, one user complained that CholesLo made her sick in this review:
“I couldn’t tolerate taking it- made me sick to my stomach, and it continued when I cut it down to one tab twice a day. Would never order again and wouldn’t recommend.”
How to use Choleslo for best results?
The manufacturer recommends taking CholesLo in a variety of ways, based on what suits your needs. These are:
General recommended usage
First-time users should take one capsule in the morning and one in the evening for the initial seven days with a cup of water before a meal.
In the second week, you can start taking two capsules in the morning and two in the evening.
You should take these four capsules for five straight days, for instance, Monday through Friday, and take a break over the weekend.
Cycle option A (advanced ‘high’ cycle)
Because people are different and have different needs, some may want a higher dose of CholesLo.
If you opt for this cycle, you can take three capsules in the morning and three in the evening for a total of six per day.
Similar to the general dose, you should take them Monday- Friday and take the weekend off.
If your cholesterol levels reach the level you are looking at; you should consider reducing your dose.
Cycle B ‘avoidance’ dosage
This cycle is recommended for those who have a family history of high cholesterol and heart disease, as a preventive measure.
If you fall into this group, take one capsule in the morning and one in the evening with a large glass of water before a meal.
Who should and who shouldn’t use Choleslo?
CholesLo is designed for people who are struggling with high cholesterol levels, which puts them at risk of heart disease and stroke.
It is primarily for those who would like to bring down their levels naturally while avoiding the risks associated with prescription medicine.
CholesLo can also be used as a preventive measure by those who have a family history of high cholesterol and heart disease.
This supplement should not be used by expectant women, those looking to conceive or lactating mothers.
It should also not be taken by anyone under the age of 18, and those who are taking prescription medications should consult a doctor before taking it.
Rate this product
User Review( vote)
- Steinberg, Daniel, et al. “Beyond cholesterol.” New England Journal of Medicine 320.14 (1989): 915-924. https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJM198904063201407
- Bundy, Rafe, et al. “Artichoke leaf extract (Cynara scolymus) reduces plasma cholesterol in otherwise healthy hypercholesterolemic adults: a randomized, double blind placebo controlled trial.” Phytomedicine 15.9 (2008): 668-675. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0944711308000305
- Post-White, Janice, Elena J. Ladas, and Kara M. Kelly. “Advances in the use of milk thistle (Silybum marianum).” Integrative cancer therapies 6.2 (2007): 104-109. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1534735407301632
- Singh, Dev K., Li Li, and Todd D. Porter. “Policosanol inhibits cholesterol synthesis in hepatoma cells by activation of AMP-kinase.” Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 318.3 (2006): 1020-1026. http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/318/3/1020.short